Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear

Showing 2 responses by zephyr24069

YES beyond any doubt.  I have generally stayed away from woods no matter how well aged, etc..as my system and others never sounded quite right (to my ears) but that's a personal bias and should not be counted on in any way for anyone else's system.  I have taken the approach of using at least 2 levels of isolation/equipment stands, (1) coarse grade for stability, think heavy duty stands, multi-layer platforms, etc...and (2) component platforms on each stand shelf for full frequency spectrum vibration absorption and dissipation. There are lots of ways and products to go about this; given when I started on this many years ago, the weight of all my components and budget, I found it most effective to go with Adona AV45 line stands and platforms adding Composite Audio platforms over and above the Adona to tick the box on both coarse and fine-grain as mentioned above.  There is still much airborne vibration in the room (at higher SPLs for certain) and from the world itself and the components so I am going to be giving HRS Dampening plates a test in the next 1-2 weeks on all my gear. It should provide the 3 layer of vibration control/absorption I am looking for. That stated there are alot of other fine solutions out there to accomplish all 3 goals...
Roses are red, violets, are blue,....
I'm schizophrenic....
and SO AM I!!!

Now I've seen it all on an Audiogon thread :-) !!!