Do Costly XLR Cables Make A Difference?

Serious question here. I currently own a rather good XLR cable that goes between the amp and DAC. I’m considering a better XLR cable to improve things, basically all the good aspects of sound reproduction such as deeper and more defined bass, better separation and detail across the frequency spectrum and an airier and more 3-dimensional sound in the midrange and treble. Will a different XLR cable supposedly one that’s costlier bring me to that direction?

My current XLR cable costs about $2k actual price paid.

I’m looking at an alternative pair up to about $2k perhaps $3k tops if it is proven that the cable is able to bring a noticeable or worthwhile if not significant difference. I am actually looking at the Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 and Gold Eclipse 8 XLR.

Any experience would be appreciated. 

ryder

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

@pedroeb Yep….. the Dragon was in my loaner set…… very transparent and very expensive…… 

Just spent a delightful week listening to 4 x cables from same manufacturer. 1m cable at the low end $2k at retail, top end eye watering…. Dealer who loaned them to me has a fantastic room and system. He came over a couple of evening to get a read on them in another system. He is an awesome guy.

Very easy to hear differences in my system. Some sonic attribute changes were significant, some very subtle or a slight negative most likely due synergy…

Against my old reference cable even the Copper acquitted itself very favorably and in a world of rising prices is a fantastic value. 

Bottom line, listen in your system if at all possible ! Enjoy the music and the journey

Jim