Do any of you kids , want your system ???

Gents: 

I’ve experienced a buy/sell of my giant speakers

anyway, As we are an older Demographic 

2 questions: 

1) if you go to audiophile Heaven,  do any of your kids want your Hifi ?
    I asked that , over Christmas, and caught a defeating silence and laugh “ no” frickin way
    Way to big !!!  And lots of laughs over the conversation 
2) when that time comes , How does anybody get rid of all the Hifi stuff ?         Does the spouse?   Cuss you out and sell for $5 a garage sale ?   My guess; it’s a lot of work to sell correctly ?   My wife answer was enlightening!!!
It’s an ugly/funny question , But I’m really wondering how it happens

Hifi geek 

jeff 
frozentundra

Showing 1 response by musicfan2349

TL:DR... Long sad tale ahead. Pop passed 20 years ago and left me his system: VPI, Jadis, B&W Matrix 800s and a few hundred LPs and CDs. Unfortunately my dear mother refused to let it go. I went from WA to FL four times at her bidding to "come get it" only to have her change her mind upon my arrival. Every. Time. She'll be selling her condo soon and moving into other living arrangements due to her advanced age which means that now I'll be obligated to make the trip, again, and will have to packing everything up under a time crunch to get everything out. I'm 64 now. Yes, I'm extremely bitter. Dad's system could have been playing music as intended versus sitting in a darkened room, silent. Thing is, it won't be long that I'll have to figure out what to do with it when *I* get very old!