Do active speakers have high THD amplifiers?

There are many active speakers and studio monitors including  from reputed speaker brands.Many amps use class D amplification some use class AB some use DSP some crossover. almost all of them
hide amplifier specifications. My question is which audiophile active speakers have better amplifier specifications.
ashoka

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

pistonic applies to planar, like how do those clamped driven edges load and unload….ain’t nothing free…
TIM starts w negative feedback. Long ago in a banished galaxy people focused on THD Otalla, Thiel, Vandersteen, a few got time, phase, impulse response…even energy storage and release, perhaps a few…pistonic motion..

Question ; if the cone or a portion of the cone is out of phase to the input ( also known as music ), is that distortion ? 

I am an investor in a recording studio. Powered speakers are popular at the console, not so much the mixer…editing workstation, even more rare at the mastering level and ATC dominant…at least in the circles i travel….

Our choice ? separate speakers and amps, for mastering biamped w speaker level to connections , about $ 130 range, so yes people do make other choices….I know a gal with a strad…made same choice. OF course those amplifiers are purpose built for the load and not some cheap plate amp. About time and phase, you do understand what a steep slope does beyond output ?

Heavy pop the hood on the Beringer, send me a picture…no Op amps ? ya sure ? My choice for active filters is Modjeski and the brilliant work he did for Beveridge….now those…..sound….good.

finally, i celebrate the diversity of opinion and experience in the thread…. thank God we have an amazing plethora of choice…including which subcult to join…

now, excuse me while i go listen to an ESL that approximates a point source….