DL-103 + A23 SUT + Pro-Ject Tube Box DS = ?

I plan on trying my newly modded by Zu DL-103 here pretty soon.  I have an Auditorium 23 SUT and Pro-Ject Tube Box DS is my phono stage (unmodified, stock tubes). I know, I am broke right now.  What settings should I use on the phono stage?

Pioneer PLX-1000/DL-103 --> A23 SUT --> Pro-Ject Tube Box DS --> Cary SLP-05 preamp via Acoustic Zen Wow! II RCAs

Here is a link to it's manual with jumper settings, etc:

https://www.project-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Manual_Tube-Box-DS.pdf
Thanks in advance, evevrybody!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xchattaudio

Showing 1 response by jperry

Reading reviews is interesting, but reviewers all have their own value rating system, which makes for a difficult comparison.

Is the least expensive Class A as good or better then the most expensive Class B? Unless you have heard it in you system, who the heck knows.

Quoting reviews as if (A=B+C)/3=B is how things work. It just is not that way. Component matching and synergy is what really matters.

The Denon cartridges and Rega tonarms are both praised as great values. That does not mean they are really good, just good value.

The Pioneer turntable is OK. The ProJect phono stage is OK. The Denon cartridge is good for the money. Not sure how the works out in the ABC rating world.

Set your phono stage for standard MM phono settings