DK Design Group X-Dream - wow

Has anybody seen the review on the DK Design Group X-Dream speakers?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/dkdesignsf7.htm

I better start saving up.
betterthencrack

Showing 12 responses by ellery911

so when do the free audiogon review samples start shipping?

oh...and if the DK amp is supposed to outperform other amps costing 3x the price...does this mean that we are actually getting $75,000 worth of speakers for the low low price of only $25,000.

act fast...supplies are limited
"The review mentions that the speakers use only the best state of the art drivers and exotic cross over parts"

X-Dream technology

words
RBStehno...yeah...for a number of years i had an 88 911 carrera...great bang for the buck car...i wouldn't have much problem justifying the 20k that i spent on it to a Kia owner who probably paid 12-15k. I would be able to also explain to the Kia Owner that a 911 could have been had for less than the price of his Kia (had it been purchased new of course). I would also be able to explain the differences in all the possible models that would be in the budget 911E/T/S...what upgrades he would want to look for if he were in the market for a 78-83 SC (chain tensioner upgrades/pop off valve etc)...the difference between the 84-86 Carraras and the 87-89 models. I would be able to explain the engineering in terms that would leave the Kia owner far more informed about 911's...even if some of the things are a bit quirky...like the ventilation system.

now...back to the DK stuff...they still haven't been able to explain the "class A" designation that they have given their amplifier when it has been brought to question by a number of members...so cmon...XDream technology?...what is it? What makes it different? What makes it better?

I can say one thing for sure...I think I'd get a better return on my $$$'s with a $25k 911 than with a $25k DK speaker.
maybe DK should ask BetterthenCrack to stop posting such ridiculous threads...haven't you noticed a bit of a pattern...BetterthenCrack isn't doing DK any favors being such a poor schill.
Matt says

"Ellery,

How can you say he is a schill, this is their first post about DK and it seems to only call attention to a review of a product by a controversial manufacturer ( with a tongue in cheek), nothing more.

Yes?"

No.

only because the other dozen or so threads that betterthencrack started about DK were deleted.

Betterthencrack...hey...sorry about the shill comment...maybe i should have sided with the conspiracy theorists from all your other (now deleted) DK threads that stated that maybe you were from the competition and knew that each time a thread like this was started that it would turn into a 3 ring circus...lol

boy...i've missed these DK threads...it's been a while...like what...2...maybe 3 weeks?
From the DK website

"The wide-bandwidth two stage signal path allows the output stage to deliver incredible musical realism and provides high amounts of both continuous and short terms power, allowing even the most demanding speaker loads to achieve their maximum dynamic potential and reproduce deep bass notes with room shacking authority. However, even very efficient speakers will benefit from large amounts of clean power."

this is just the vs1MKII not the MKIII or even the Signature version

I think that Marco posed a very fair question.

now my question is...will the deep base notes be shaking my room or shacking my room...and will i notice the difference?
unbelievable too...i thought that there was an intelligence limit before posting threads here and obviously the people eho think we are all just out to get DK should realize that it is not the product so much as the marketing tactics that we are calling attention to.
Maybe if you infused the pumice with various metals it would increase the structural rigidity of the cabinet allowing it to withstand the torque that is applied. I suggest various metals as I think that light show produced by the cabinets conductivity could be quite interesting and maybe even have multi-colored sparks...what could be better? It would be like the 4th of July every night in your listening room.

You would probably want to listen from a safe distance though.
>>>>BTW guys, get my login right, OK? It's Bratscheman<<<<

not gonna make friends quickly here with that 'tude
>> >>

what could possibly be the point of this post other than to "point" the other readers towards other sites so they can read more about Larry's speakers.

but hey...who am I to say anything (yes...you may all jump on me now and copy this quote and then post "exactly" after it. But...why not email Larry directly if Larry is the one that you are pointing this out to.

sorry...gotta run...need to get some dakiom stablizers and bybee fuses quick.

Larry?...you there?...you catching my drift? I have a list already written of who's gonna jump me now...unless of course even more people sign up as members so they may rag on me for pointing out the obvious...at least obvious to me and many others.