DIY Acoustic Diffusers

Anybody had success building these? Commercially built, they sell for a small fortune. So, I'm hoping some A-Goners have applied a little ingenuity and can recommend how I can buld some for my music room.
meagan02
I made my own diffusors using balsa wood. The formula is available online. I bought 2"x2" balsa wood planks online (make sure to specify that they are perfectly square or they may come trapazoidal in cross section). I stained the planks, cut 3 different lengths with a chop saw (over 100 cuts for 30 square feet), sanded and stained the cut ends, and then hot glued them to a set of backer boards. They came out looking beautiful, like a modern art piece (sorry, my system post is not up to date, but if you email me I'll shoot you a photo). It took a long time to make though. Figure 4 hours to stain all the pieces, a day with two people cutting and sanding the pieces, and 2 man-days to do the gluing - if you are covering as much area as me (2 3x5 panels). They work great. If I need more, I may try Albert's system though.
Hi,go to the PME RECORDS site.Under tech support they have a diffuser that is very easy to build.Cost about 12 dollars each,18x18,takes about an 1.5HR to make.I cut mine on a miter saw .This is the simplest and best one I have found.
These are great recommendations! Thanks to all, and if there are any other DIY solutions, please keep 'em comin'.
For anyone looking for Diffusers at a resonable price, take a look at this website:

www.waveguideacousticsolutions.com

These are 30" x 30" and other sizes are also available. 2.5# density hard closed cell foam blocks mounted to 3/8" plywood and then spray coated with flat black paint(other colors available) It's like DIY, yet the DIY has been done and the price can't be beat! Take a look and you be the judge

These are also sold on ebay for a discount price from time to time. . . .check it out, let me know what you think! I'm a DIY guy that knows first hand the high prices of commercial offered acoustic treatments. Hope my offering helps and I hope to be a part of your acoustic treatment solution