Discuss The Viv Lab Rigid Arm

I am trying to do my due diligence about this arm. I am just having a hard time getting my head around this idea of zero overhang and no offset. Does this arm really work the way it is reported to do?

neonknight

Friction is unavoidable, even the lowest coefficient of friction achievable is friction.

Surfaces have imperfections, the contact of Two Surfaces imperfections when movement of surfaces is occurring causes the imperfections to deform as they rub onto each other.

Such minute movements on both surfaces and the resulting energies produced, are the suspected cause of Friction.

As the fundamental cause of Friction is not quite known, some producers in relation to Cartridge design, have gone to the lengths of spending extra on making the Styli an improved smoothness to its surface by polishing to produce a surface with less imperfections. I assume with the intent to improve slippage of the styli as meets a surface that will create a drag affect. This will assist with Speed Stability, but as for improved extraction of data from the groove modulation ???     

@rauliruegas

26 tons of pressure per square inch at the cartridge stylus tip during its ridding "

Now, I don't need an explanation how is that that skating force can the stylus tip under that tremendous and infernal pressure at the tip to spin.

Common sense says:NO WAY.

Raul, are you suggesting that AS force is immaterial because it is so small in comparison with "26 tons per square inch"? Since neither the point of the stylus nor the side in contact with the groove is anything like a square inch, it would fairer to compare the actual applied forces, where the AS is about one tenth of the VTF.

Dear @dogberry  : No, I'm not suggesting what you ask. Please re-read my two posts about.

R.

@lewm : Due that you are an owner and that that tonearm is not fixed to the plynth and taking your level of curiosity maybe you would like to make a couple of tests with out taking in count the null point position:

first test with no underhung or overhung and second test with overhang.

Of course that the tests is up to you. Anyway thank's.

R.