Diminishing returns?

This may have been discussed ad nauseam, I am new here. I only play remastered CDs. No Streaming. I have a large collection including MoFi Gold discs and some Japan SHM CDs. I have maybe a dozen SACD Hybrid, mostly Dylan. System is Focal 926 floor speakers, Pass Labs XA 30.5 amp, an old Cary Cinema 11 for the TV and control center. In January I purchased the new Quad Artera Play+ CD player that also allows for streaming, cost $1950. It really sounds terrific but my brain is getting in the way of reason the more I read about the Marantz Ruby Sa1 and the CD only functioning Hegel Mohican. Would there me "noticeable" listening experience in either of the two aforementioned players to the tune of $3000 and $4000 respectively? It would be a struggle financially to make such a move but am curious of you folks expert opinions!
Thanks.
128x128voodudrew2
If it's a financial struggle and you're happy with your current player, don't upgrade unless you can listen to the new player in your system and feel it's worth the money.

Sound quality improvements are hard to predict and the law of diminishing returns is enforced big time in audio.  Learning to be happy with what you have is one of the keys to not spending yourself into oblivion chasing better sound.

I have the original Quad Artera Play, works great straight into my amps, beautiful sound and every time I think about upgrading to another DAC at a higher price, as mentioned, if you like the sound for what you are listening to now, why spend the money.  The Artera Play plays all the CDs in my collection from around the world, over 1k and counting, SACD, Gold, etc... never ran across anything that it will not play and they all sound great!!!!
Thanks for the post, I found a lot of interesting information here. Keep sharing such informative post.

My Balance Now
i have recently done some testing on this with DACs rather than full CD players but when you upgrade, a big part of the upgrade should be a better DA Converter and analog output stage. 

My experience is there is way more difference between a $2K DAC and a $10K DAC than between a $2k amp and $10K amp.  There is a shocking amount of tradeoff between detail and soundstage and image.  

I cannot speak about the exact products you are discussing as I have not heard them.  It is worth your time (and possibly your money) to explore it.  You might find you get more than you think.  

Post removed