Digital USB streamer general question - Oppo 105D

HI, I am trying to maximize use of my Hifi Tidal subscription using an Oppo105D. I have some unresolved issues with tracks skipping midway through playback and missing last 4-5secs when playing Tidal Hifi resolution using the Tidal/ Oppo media app. No problems using  lower resolution (Normal/High) . I've not been able to resolve the issues and am looking to stream through the Oppo USB DAC connection and hence the question ?. Is there a good USB streamer (without DAC) for <1k$ ? I presume a dedicated USB streamer will also sound much better than just connecting a laptop USB connection ? I already tried to connect widows laptop via USB DAC and determined there are no issues playing Tidal Hifi resolution but it sounds poor/harsh compared to the Tidal/Oppo app direct stream (ie when it works). Also tried streaming Tidal via my TV using the Arc HDMI function and it is even worse than the laptop USB connection. I did not realize how important the digital part of streaming was until I made these trials over the last week.  I'm not ready to go for a combo streamer/DAC quite yet as I wish to continue to use my Oppo/DAC as it has a Modwright Truth Tube upgrade that I really enjoy and I wish to continue to benefit from this for another few years. Thoughts , opinions and guidance for a good USB streamer <1K$ are welcome to help expand my limited digital streaming knowledge. 
mdempster
The iFi looks nice - great price too. I think the key is to get a device that has TIDAL Connect. Otherwise you're fighting an uphill battle to get it to work reliably.
@mdempster  -- Glad the iFi looks good to you, too.

Regarding gapless, the odds are that sooner or later, you will listen to something that isn't meant to have gaps, such as
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  • Dark Side of the Moon
  • Mylo Xyloto
  • Any opera
  • Bach's Goldberg Variations
and the added gaps (31 of them in the Goldberg Variations) will become disturbing. Since gapless playback is long since a solved problem, it would be wise (IMO) to avoid like the plague any player that can't accomplish it.

Definitely a very valid point  that I didn’t consider. I do like a lot of music that needs continuous playback especially with live concerts which has been somewhat annoying during streaming after I think about it. Although I have many of my favorites on CD it would certainly be nice to have gapless with no needs to compromise. I guess I’m to focused on fixing the stream issue of skipping and continuous hang-ups to think about what the ideal solution actually was. PS Tastes in music very similar to my own. Thanks again