Digital USB streamer general question - Oppo 105D

HI, I am trying to maximize use of my Hifi Tidal subscription using an Oppo105D. I have some unresolved issues with tracks skipping midway through playback and missing last 4-5secs when playing Tidal Hifi resolution using the Tidal/ Oppo media app. No problems using  lower resolution (Normal/High) . I've not been able to resolve the issues and am looking to stream through the Oppo USB DAC connection and hence the question ?. Is there a good USB streamer (without DAC) for <1k$ ? I presume a dedicated USB streamer will also sound much better than just connecting a laptop USB connection ? I already tried to connect widows laptop via USB DAC and determined there are no issues playing Tidal Hifi resolution but it sounds poor/harsh compared to the Tidal/Oppo app direct stream (ie when it works). Also tried streaming Tidal via my TV using the Arc HDMI function and it is even worse than the laptop USB connection. I did not realize how important the digital part of streaming was until I made these trials over the last week.  I'm not ready to go for a combo streamer/DAC quite yet as I wish to continue to use my Oppo/DAC as it has a Modwright Truth Tube upgrade that I really enjoy and I wish to continue to benefit from this for another few years. Thoughts , opinions and guidance for a good USB streamer <1K$ are welcome to help expand my limited digital streaming knowledge. 
mdempster
Thanks I by chance am looking at a RPI from a company called Aloa with a streamer called  digione signature that also has  a linear power supply but not sure this is a well known solution. It also only has  spidif connection which may not be such of an issue. Thanks 
iFi has just announced their "Zen" streamer -- no DAC. I think it’s $399. No reviews yet, nor have I heard one. I think you could get it from Crutchfield or other mail-order supplier with at least 30 days to evaluate.

I have an Allo DigiOne (not signature) with RPi and it is good sounding, but personally, I find the setup and software a bit tweakier than I would like. It is a well known solution. SPDIF is fine as long as you don’t want to do resolutions above 24/192 or to do DSD. (I don’t care about either myself.)

I have used at least eight different streamers. The concept and specs of the new iFi look good to me, and for once, a vendor isn’t asking megabucks for this. If it were me, I’d give it a try -- though a wiser person than I might wait til it’s been out for six months, so any bugs can get fixed.

P.S. For some reason, iFi’s specs don’t say whether it will do gapless playback. Before buying, make sure it can.
Great - I will definitely check it out and for that price can’t really go wrong. Appreciate the guidance, thanks
just reviewed the specs and it is ‘spot-on’ what I need! Not sure gapless play would make big difference in my decision so not big issue for me. I use ifi power strips and purifiers and know they are pretty good and innovative company so I’m already pretty much moved from allo to ifi as all the 3rd party interfaces such as Volumio on Allo scare me a little. Really appreciate the post!
The iFi looks nice - great price too. I think the key is to get a device that has TIDAL Connect. Otherwise you're fighting an uphill battle to get it to work reliably.