Digital add ons-airlens, matrix spdif, Innuous Phoenix net, Phoenix usb

I’m not technically inclined… and I’m confused.  I’m now using an Innuous Zenith 3, a PS Audio directstream 2, a matrix spdif and an Innuous Phoenix usb.  Now I’m tempted by the Innuous Phoenix net and/or by the new Ps Audio airlens.  But I don’t totally understand what all these add ons do or where they would go in my system.  I just know that I’m on a never ending search for the best sound, probably like everyone here .  I’m willing to add either (or both) devices and also to remove things I’m now using.  I realize that adding too many accessories probably can over complicate things and multiple connections probably can degrade the sound.  I welcome any advice!

brownsf

@brownsf

Please post your virtual system on your profile, so that those answering have some basis for answering.  It seems that you only stream and are looking for a new streaming device, such as the Airlens.

Thanks vonhelmholz.  I’ve spent the last 40 minutes trying to post my virtual system.  After figuring out the first several steps—which are far from intuitive—I keep getting “user can’t be blank” although it’s definitely not blank.  I realize this isn’t as good, but here’s my system:

KEF reference 5 speakers

krell Duo 175 XD amp

benchmark LA4 preamp

Audio Research  ph3 phono stage

innuous Zenith 3

PS Audio directstream 2 dac

matrix spdif

innuous Phoenix usb

rega Planar 6, dynavector cartridge

wireworld interconnects

Thanks for detailing your system, and that helps a lot.  And yes, as someone who recently posted their system A’gon definitely does not make it easy and should be made easier.  It’d also help if you could specify more what improvements you’re looking for.  You’ve got some nice equipment, and at this level it really comes down more to personal preferences, so sharing what you’re looking for becomes more important.  Just saying general things like I want “better” or “the best” doesn’t give much direction in making helpful recommendations.  The more info you provide here the better and more targeted recommendations you’ll get.  

I listen mainly to classical music.  I love string instruments, especially the cello,  with its dark, vibrant sounds. The Bach sonatas for solo cello are one of  my favorite tests of musical reproduction. On chamber and orchestral music, I like being able to identify individual instruments .  I also enjoy vocal music, primarily crystal clear sopranos.  I’m pretty happy with the sound of my system now. I realize all this doesn’t really describe what I’m missing or hoping to improve . As I said earlier, it’s the eternal quest for better sound, which sometimes is undefinable.  I will say that the instrument placement/id in my system isn’t as precise as I would like and I would like a little more “presence.”