Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

"@amir_asr You do ask for donations! Your blindspots are immense."

So is yours in not seeing the difference between me and others.  The donations are completely optional.  No one gets exclusive access for donating as every other youtuber is doing by putting content behind patreon, etc.  I detest that and am never going to force people to pay to get information.

The ask for the donation is also a one-linear at end of text reviews.  Nothing of the sort exists in any of the videos.

Donations help me feel better when I am sitting there packing boxes, taping and labeling and schlepping them to FedEx.  They also pay to buy gear that I have no personal interest in testing.

Unlike others, that is where it ends.  No one is subjected to ton of ads as they read ASR or watch my videos.  No monetized links as to cloud the real intent behind giving positive reviews.  No company sponsorships as to make me beholding to them.

And it is not like if I didn't ask for the donations you all become fans.  That is just another made up thing to complain about.

"@amir_asr Why then did you allow Erin’s video only to close the thread? People aren’t allowed to dissent? I was considering sending you some gear to review that would have filled a nice gap in your informational catalog. Not anymore after I’ve seen how you conduct yourself here.

Clearly you are not here to make friends. 😂"

I have no catalog to fill.  What do you think I run, a department store? 

Currently there are probably 30 to 60 items here for review and the backlog has stayed like that forever.  You should send me gear because *you* want to know how it performs and you think it would benefit your fellow audiophiles.  To the extent you have no desire to do either, you are no friend of mine either.

@amir_asr 

"Good news is that countless fellow audiophiles of yours are seeing the value and helping us grow by reading the content, spreading the good word and sending in more gear to be tested.  That upsets a few of you here.  Why?  Because your casual evaluation of audio is being proven wrong in objective testing.  So what to do?  You can start learning what audio is really about.  Or complain I guess...."

The lack of self-awareness, condescension and unbridled arrogance in that paragraph reminds me of every would be despot in history: inflated self worth and importance with no latitude for dissent... or facts.

Keep trying to prove a negative.  I'm out...

"@amir_asr I dont think he was asking for a book. It would be great to hear about these speakers but you provided no detail other than things like "nice recording" that gives zero insight into what you liked or didnt like."

A lot of things would be "nice to have."  I am not your man to give you all this. I have my own life to live and am not going to invest 10X more energy in providing a show report that some of you are demanding, while at the same time throwing every rock you have at me.

People who read my show notes enjoyed seeing the pictures, the commentary and importantly, discover of new music.  Some members were kind enough to make Tidal, Spotify, etc. playlists out of them.  You want more?  Go do your own show report.

This self entitlement is really getting out of hand.....

@amir_asr You didn't bother to answer the question I had bolded underlined and in italics. WHY DID YOU CLOSE THE THREAD?!

People do not have to view Erin's video, they can comment on the discussion if they want. You are a hypocrite. 

The fact that you haven't fessed up to one iota of responsibility on your end in this discussion leads me to believe you are in fact narcissistic and have no interest in adopting other view points.