Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

"Do you ever seat down and just enjoy your music like a normal human being?"

What? Of course I do. I am at desk testing gear for good number of hours every day. All of that is spent listening to music. This is good number of hours per day.

I recently came back from Pacific Audio Fest 2023 and not only did a bunch of listening there, I was the only reviewer posting what music was played there. See my trip reports:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amirs-2023-pacific-audio-fest-report.45889/

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amirs-2023-pacific-audio-fest-report-continued.45908/

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amirs-2023-pacific-audio-fest-report-day-2.45942/

It is so preposterous and arrogant to keep claiming that only subjectivists listen to music. You just want to hate on people for the sake of hating. And folks say I am not nice enough to you???

@ASR

"Nope, that is not "what he has done." The cable configuration is what it is for electrical parameter control. The configuration is employed to determine the ratio of LCR reactance in order to shape a significant portion of the filter characteristics of that cable. It has an organic core instead of any polymer to decrease DA and lower DF."

And what are those measurements?  Don't exist, right?  But let's say they exist: who the heck says these things are important characteristics in a power cable?"  

DARPA

"I have not once heard you say in your responses here, how you could do things better or where you fell short. That is why you are vilified here and Erin is beloved. you have no modesty and you can't even witness it. "

Erin is not vilified because he doesn't go after your sacred cows.  You know, all the stuff that makes no difference to sound but you all swear by it.  Go ahead and ask Erin if he uses your fancy audio and power cables in his testing.  Or uses boutique amplifiers, DACs, etc.  You won't like the answer, I assure you.

Erin also learned his lesson early on when he got to speaker testing.  That  you best not deliver negative outcomes straight out or it would not be good for growth of a youtube channel.  See comments he received after his transparent review of a Klipsch speaker: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/klipsch-heresy-iv-objective-speaker-review.1028801/page-4

"To male Karens in this thread ...

You can wave the tube flag all you want. It won't fix the deficiencies in this speaker. Surely you can't be ignorant enough to think a tube amp corrects dispersion patterns, enclosure resonances and diffraction effects. Surely. Surely?

But... If you think it does, enjoy your setup. Don't let me make you feel bad for enjoying what you enjoy. That's not my intent. There are plenty of others who have simply disagreed and didn't seem to feel like I kicked their puppy with my review. Don't take it so personally.

As for me being a troll or just trying to get money: that's laughable. I get about $0.02 per view. I have probably 30+ hours in this whole thing as it sits. So, let's do the math... if I paid myself $5/hour for this review I would need 7500 views. I'm at 1k. I'm paying myself far less than minimum wage. I could get a part time job paying more than that. It isn't "worth" it for me to spend the time I do, in that scheme. I do this for the passion. Not for the money. If it were the latter, I'd be presenting things in an entirely different way and would look like just another YT reviewer (some of whom have been discussed). Not that I imagine this will change your mind. But, facts.

If you are that upset with my analysis (and the correlating data which is standard in the industry) that you feel the need to talk to me like you're a big boy then you have your own set of problems. Take it up with the industry because whining and acting tough to me isn't going to change the performance of your speaker. See ya' around. "

Not the "beloved" Erin you know, right?  Fortunately for him, he learned early on that saying stuff like this is not going to get you subscribers so best to tone it down.

Me? I have not promised anyone niceness.  What I have promised is data, objectivity, science and professionalism.  Sometimes an answer is something you are not going to like. Not being motivated by money, I am not afraid to tell it like it is.  Or have some of you get upset as you are. It can't be helped.  As long as you put your emotions ahead of learning, that is going to be a problem for you.

All I know is that I know more because of Amir.  That's always good.  Even if it causes internal conflict and confusion.  Thanks a lot Amir.