Did a satisfaction threshold exist under 1000 bucks ?

Is there a minimal/optimal subjective and also objective threshold of minimal satisfaction ?

If so, many upgrade chasing may seems like a dog chasing his tail....😁

I just live through one of this upgrading  event...

My system is very good, and when i tried to upgrade it , it was more a curiosity about the new amplifier than a real need...

But keep in mind that my system is 700 bucks for all components... My upgrade trying cost 1000 bucks...😁

Anyway i myself think that there is objective acoustic factors that define good sound, and when these factors are there on this threshold line , most upgrade are a change not always for the better  not an improvement...

Am i alone who live throught this ? am i alone to be satisfied by under 1000 bucks system, headphone and speakers dac and amplifier included ?😁

For sure i listen alone... Many had wife and friends listening with them... This implicate costlier system able to accomodate a room , not headphone or small speakers for one in an acoustic corner for one ...
Anyway am i alone in acoustic bliss with under 1000 bucks system ?

128x128mahgister

Showing 1 response by stuartk

@mahgister

Anybody can buy the best amplifier of the world...

I understand what you’re saying but at the same time, while any rich person can buy a pair of Magicos or Wilsons, not every person who has that kind of money can take the next steps -- choosing a source, amplification, cables that add up to something sublime! ;o)

@jasonbourne52

Too many members here have lost touch with Reality by pursuing ever more costly components. Enjoyment of music is a subjective experience that eludes comparison based upon cost of gear.

I’m all for maintaining focus on the music but not everyone here is necessarily after the same thing. Those who pursue ever more costly components may simply enjoy that pursuit, so who’s to say they’ve lost touch?

Personally, I don’t relate to such a quest -- I can enjoy music just as much listening to the radio in my Subaru as I can listening at home on my modest-but-satisfying-to-my-ears system and I wouldn’t have it any other way but there is a spectrum and everyone is not located at the same point.