Diana Krall, Wallflower

Has anyone heard this new recording? I picked up the CD today and just got through listing to it. I'm normally not a fan of covers of hits but, she and her team knocked this one out of the park for me. You're not going to hear her killer piano chops, or bass, drums, guitar or whatever else instruments chops from the musician.. this album is more about the songs. The recording is really good, too.. on my system, anyway. Looking forward to hearing some thoughts and comments on this recording. Opinions from Negative Nancy's and Debbie downers are always entertaining, too. It's all subjective.
gslone

Showing 2 responses by ct0517

The Diana Krall Wallflower is IMO a secret weapon for the male married audiophile.

If you are ever in the doghouse put this album on to smooth over your better half.

I have the vinyl and one day I left the two doors open leading to upstairs as I was alone in the house with the dog.
When she came home she came down and said - Hey thats really nice....
The only way to invoke that kind of response in my wife is to put on Motown or the disco music from dating years.

imo - whether you like Krall's style and delivery is personal. Seems a split on this thread. I admit the first listen was a bit of "what the hell is this" ... but after the third listen its kind of growing on me.

very nice sounding from an engineering point of view.

Great stuff Rpeluso.

also thx for the thread recommendation on Sophie Millman
will check her out.

cheers
03-06-15: Raymonda
I enjoyed the total lack of compassion she gave to each song.....it was intense at time.

too funny...
More to discover