Devore or Audio Note or other sensitive speakers: wanting to listen in Denver

I'm on the hunt for a sensitive speakers to play really nicely with my Quicksilver Mono 60 amps. I've heard some nice Spatial X3's here in Denver thanks to a local audiophile. I was especially taken by their AMT tweeters.

If you're in the Denver area and have Devore, Audio Note, Zu, Tekton, or any other speaker which has really worked well for your tube amps, please DM me. I would be deeply grateful for even  an hour of listening time. Thank you!

128x128hilde45

Hello Hilde45, 

You requested we DM you if interested. Silly question, but how do we DM folks here? 

@69zoso69  To message, click on the user name in the thread and hold it down. You'll see an option that says "Message user."

An extremely overlooked speaker is living voice ibx line. they are hard to get in states borber patrol audio they are end game for high effincy speakers.not talking out of my ass i have owned every everything from kharma 3.2 to innersound panels and still have them. and  lots of speaker not in same league.only speaker i would own in price class is tonian labs

I present this excerpt from a review by Herb Reichert of the Wharfedale diamond 225 speaker at 87 db sensitivity. My point being that you don't necessarily have to buy a 90db and above speaker in order to drive it well with a relatively low watt amp. 

Listening with the First Watt J2
Forget cake walks and froufrou Parisian modernists—bring us now the timeless teen thrash and hard-raking boogie machine we call Metallica. If you can't get on and ride their explosive 1986 album, Master of Puppets (CD, Elektra 60439-2), I feel sorry for your cheesy lounge-singer soul. Metallica's guitar sounds and hyper-drivin', amped-up rhythms never fail to cut me through to the gut.

I wanted to find out if the 25W of First Watt's J2, designed by Pass Labs' Nelson Pass, would be enough power to make me, Metallica, and the Wharfedale 225s skip, mosh, and fist-pump through some densely vibrating air. I cranked "Battery" to old-man loud, and holy effing shit—these shiny little Brit boxes lit a hot flame that belied their size. They sawed fast and pounded hard. They got me up. I felt loose and free like I was 23. With easy clarity and ambitious drive, they powered my small room to average levels of 89dB and peaks of 96dB. No overcompressed muck. No congealed textures. No distortions of grainy hardness or stuttering vagary.

I’ve owned Zu Defs, then Devore Gibbon Xs, but now own (and prefer) Fyne. They have a Denver dealer. I run them with 20 watts.