Denon to Parasound

I’m looking to move on from my denon amps. Was previously considering the new crown drive ores but decided to pass after research. I want the sound of my recently sold technics sa 5760(first amp) back.

Looking at the Parasound a23. Max budget is $1000 msrp. Seems like Parasound would be a natural upgrade. I don’t want an emotiva or outlaw amp. Open to other entry level audio brands in this budget.

Am I going in the right direction? My setup is denon 4520ci->bluejeanscable->revel f12s & revel b1 subwoofer.

Would I notice improvement moving from a 150 watt per channel flagship denon to an audiophile 125 watt per channel separate? The denon was $2,500 msrp. Thoughts? If not, how much do I need to spend to get improved and similar power?
torriderword2
Cardas has a good write up on room setup. 
www.cardas.com/room_setup_main.php
I had the F12's a few years back and I never felt the need to use a high powered amp, your set up with no back wall might be adding to your problem.  Try some nearfield listening and see if you like the tonal character of the speakers.

I'll chime in as somebody that has owned both an Odyssey Stratos and a Parasound a21. The Parasound was much better and they do have a stellar rep. Even though the Odyssey is built in America, good luck getting it worked on since Klaus is so back logged with orders. Plus I had problems with his components, so the quality was not there for me. My two cents...
I have a Yamaha  RX-A3040 AVR, it was their flagship AVR one year ago. I thought it sounded really good when I got it, tad bright but detailed. I just purchased a Parasound A31 to use for my front 3 speakers. OMG!! What a difference!! Night and day change in authority, speed, detail, clarity, depth, I could go on and on,,,,My system is now becoming something!! Now I'm trying to get the A21 for the front 2, put the A31 on the other 3. Then.........P7 or a whole new balanced processor. GO FOR IT!