Denon PMA-A110 110 Anniversary Edition

This has to be one of the finest pieces Denon has ever put together, at $3600 USD.  4 onboard DAC's, I would have to say at this price point, it probably the best out there and its a limited run stock.  This unit is > than Yamaha Flag item AS3200 at half the cost.

Has anyone tried or listen to this awesome item?
128x128webking185

Showing 6 responses by webking185

@jond , @nick1979 The real question on this is can four Burr Brown PCM1795 DAC Chips sound better and provide a deep soundstage?  I've never owned a Denon equipment before.  But this would definaltey be one of them for sure.  For the price, this would be hard to beat for an all in 1 integrated.

@jond @nick1979 

meant to say 4 DAC chips

The PMA-A110 comes with a Quad D/A converter which uses the Burr Brown PCM1795 chip which operates in a quadruple configuration for "optimal" high-grade sound. Each channel has two PCM1795 chips working in a differential mode to achieve what Denon claim to be "the highest accuracy and best signal to noise ratio." We remember this DAC configuration in the legendary AVR-5800 series of AV receivers. These DAC's sound sweet and the measurements prove it.

www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/denon-pma-a110

@kevmorse , I agree with you on this.  The Denon is a excellent amp for its value.  Unfortunately people on AGON see Japanese gear as mid-fi.  I can collect this gear for a lifetime, LOL.  At this point, Im happy with my sound room.  Its all I need and then some.  You can visit my virtual system.  Happy listening brother.

Not being harsh and apologize if I did. This unit probably sounds better than my AS3200, I'm basing this on the build quality and engineering.  Audiophiles are biased and could never admit something that sounds so good and didnt have the hefty price tag. Cheers