Denon 2910 vs Denon 3910

I currently own a 2910 and am considering an upgrade to the 3910. Does anyone out there have any background on how much of an improvement I would see and hear?

I previously owned a Denon 2800 and actually preferred the audio performance on this player vs the 2910.

I am using a Rotel 1066 pre and 1095 amp and Proac Studio 200's for my mains.
sempaul
If you have another $1K, I would consider the Underwood/Parts Connexion mods to the 2910 and also use the $ you will save by not needing another set of quality i/cs.
you could look at adding a dac to your 2910 for redbook , Musical Fidelity Tri-vista 21 would be nice ?
I am now considering keeping my 2910 for video as it does have hdmi and 720p/1080i resolution. I see the PL-2 is highly rated. As for steal, I guess it's all relative. My budget will only allow for a dedicated CD player at around the $1k price point. For this amount wouldn't a new Rega Apollo, used Jupiter or perhaps an Arcam with ring DAC make more sense?
The 3910 will have basically identical video and digital audio performance, the cost increase is for a better analog output stage and nicer chassis. The 3910 to me sounded very similar to the 2910 but with a bit more bass and drive. Both sound a little dark and recessed, and neither pulls a lot of detail on its own. A better idea is save up for a higher end universal or buy a standalone CDP. I am using a Bel Canto PL-2 and I also have a 2910, there is absolutely no comparison in the audio, though the 2910's video is equal or possibly better IMHO. I got my PL-2 from underwoodwally for a steal, might be worth a look.