Denon | 110th Anniversary | Silver-Graphite Headshell and DL103

I want this beautiful headshell with adjustable overhang
... but without DL-103 cartridge :)

I think it can be used with better DL-103D instead. In this video they call it "silver-graphite headshell".

Anyway, this is special 110th Anniversary edition, available on Denon website.

More videos to show product nicely here in english.
... and here in german.

I know we have a lot of Denon fans here on audiogon, what do you think?

I wish they could offer headshell separately in the near future.

128x128chakster

Showing 4 responses by billwojo

Nice, but 600 bucks? Is the headshell really graphite? Any graphite I have ever handled is usually quite lite-weight. I'm just glad they are making carts. The DL-103 and variants are my favorite carts.

BillWojo
I have a stock DL-103, a rebuilt DL-103S and a rebuilt DL-103 in a wood body. Both rebuilds were by Steve at VAS Audio. The 103S has an elliptical on the stock cantilever and the wood bodied 103 has a hyper elliptical with a new aluminum cantilever. I have a DL-103D and a DL-103R, both with broken cantilevers. I'll send them on to Steve down the road.
I know you don't like rebuilding carts but I have never paid more than 80 bucks for a "Core" that can be rebuilt. Rebuilding cost is very reasonable and I can just drop them off, Steve is only an hour from me.
I think the basic Denon DL-103 and it's variants have a dam good generator that makes a nice starting point. Heck, there is an entire cottage industry built around these carts.

BillWojo
I've heard good things about the DL-103D as well. Along with the DL-103S it's more a mid compliance cartridge so gets along with a lot more tonearms as well. It will be interesting to hear your comments on it. What arm will you mount it on? I'm thinking the Victor UA-7045 might be a good match.
BillWojo
lewm, it's time to pull that old DL-103D out of storage and send it out for a rebuild. It's to nice of a generator to have sitting unused.
BillWojo