Denafrips Terminator Plus vs T+A DAC 200

I currently own the T+A DAC 8 DSD and it's great! But I'd like to upgrade, move the T+A to my headphone rig and place either a T+A DAC 200 or Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC in my main rig. Anybody had a chance to compare these 2 DACs? I know the prices of the T+A and the T+ are close. Unfortunately, there are no used T+A DAC 200's to be found in the USA, but I can find a couple of T+ (used) for almost $2K less. If you've had a chance to hear both of these DAC's I'd appreciate knowing how they stack up to each other? I'm not interested in any other brands. I've narrowed my wish list to just these 2 DACs. 

mewsickbuff

Showing 1 response by nquery

I have owned, in order, the May KTE, Lampi Baltic 3, and the T+A Dac 200. Never really got along with the May KTE - just bland compared to the vivid sound of the Baltic 3. Thought I would stick with Lampizator for good. But I got excited about the DAC 200 due to the built in quality volume control/preamp. I think that @blisshifi has summed up the differences accurately. The Lampi might have a bit bolder tone at times and is a bit more forward (both likely due to the tubes) but the T+A beats it in most other regards and is just a superb device. Great weight, density, imaging, separation, and most importantly not fatiguing. Build quality is also no contest - one of my pet peeves with Lampi. Lampi still a great sounding device nonetheless.