Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

@ lollipopguild. This is something that has also been confusing to me.  Your Pontus 12th that you recently purchased already has an update?  Did your Pontus come from the factory with v1.0 and then you updated to v1.4?  Or was there some thing in between as well? Seems very strange that their recent models are already getting updates.  Now a question for anyone who knows, if today you buy a 12th version DAC does it come from the factory with the latest update installed?  Seems like it should but with all these updates flying around so soon after a new edition is launched one has to wonder.  Sorry if these questions were already answered.  Tks. for your help 

I’ve applied the 1.4 firmware to my Pontus II 12th this morning, and I was thoroughly surprised by the giant step this update made. Gone is the hint of dryness to not most, but all music I listened to today. From the USB feed thru the Iris, to the Pontus, and the toslink, and coax connection. Lush, defined, airy, good separation, juicy stuff. DENAFRIPS have done more than corrected any missteps from the previous files. All is good. All sounds perfect. Just what I wanted from Alvin and his team. Kudos, and more Kudos!!

Great cocktail!  The Lush is back with 1.4 Firmware on Pontus II.  After 2 days burning/listening...2 big thumbs & ears UP!  Jucy, balanced, bass foundation with the new details.

Way to go Alvin and Denifrips!!

I avoided the first update and now see there is a new one to try for Pontus. Has anyone tried the first update then gone back to original, then tried the new most current update and preferred it to original Pontus sound? If so what are you hearing?

Sorry if this has been gone over I haven’t read entire post.