Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

Showing 4 responses by fthompson251

I have a Mac Book Pro  running Mojave 10.14.6, and wanted to know if anyone has done the firmware update with that OS? I do not want to have issues when it's time to update my Venus II. I don't want to update the OS any further or some of my software will not run.

So for those that have updated the Venus II and have some time on them what are the changes to it? Any downgrade at all, excessive brightness or  sibilance?  I was hoping for a bit more transparency, maybe better bass control and soundstage improvements if any.

There is a new Venus II/12th firmware version V3.5 vs the "old" update V3.3. Has anyone tried it? Any comparison changes, vs V1 or V3.3?  We updated my Venus II to V3.5 yesterday and it's running non-stop now for burn in. My problem is I have no pre amp currently until mine gets back from repairs so I cannot listen to the changes.

All I can say is prior to 3.5 update my Venus II was 000111 I2s setting. After the update it remained 000111 and I use a Tublus Argentus I2s cable. I have no preamp right now so I cannot listen but it registers as receiving the correct signal. (44.1 -1x)