DEDICATED CD PLAYER $1K AND UNDER, THOUGHTS?

Hello All. I'm considering upgrading my Marantz CD5005 cd player. I have enough silver disks to warrant treating them right. The Marantz has been ok but getting longer in tooth. I was curious as to what my fellow 'Goners have heard in the above price range that represent good values (new or used is fine). Amp is a Rogue Sphinx and speakers are new Magnepan MMGi's. Listening tastes are blues, classic rock and a smattering of jazz...Input appreciated...
128x128beernut
We have a modified a Onkyo NS-6170. In shootouts it outperformed the most epensive SACD players of Marantz even with 16 bit 44.1 khz recordings. Audio is all about effectness and result.
Post removed 
If you like your Marantz, you should give the HD-CD1 a try. I just got one about a week ago, and it sounds wonderful. It's also built solid, and it looks great. After having my previous player for over 10 years, listening to CD's now is a whole new experience. Gone is the sterile glare of old. It's hard to beat at $599, and I've had players that cost a WHOLE lot more.
Good thought but I went he universal route with an Oppo one box solution, for now anyway....
I woud like to know what you think of the Oppo vs. your Marantz when playing CDs. Which Oppo?