Decide between ARC Ref 6SE and Aesthetix Calypso Eclipse

Really struggling between these two choices. Running Vandersteen M5-HPA monoblock amps with Kento speakers. I realize the Ref 6SE is $3K more but I’m willing to stretch the budget if it’s worth it. I’ve heard both but not in my system. The Aesthetix seems to be a more modern design and it sounds like the new Eclipse version is quite a step up from the Signature. Any inputs would be appreciated. Listen mostly to jazz, rock and some classical. 
Thanks
delkat

Showing 3 responses by tomic601

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/3803#&gid=1&pid=1

of course you know the purity and magic of the balsa and carbon fiber drivers and purpose built high pass amplifiers…

fun
Also both the ARC and Aesthetix benefit from tubes and isolation. HRS preferred for both IMO and certainly that is the brand Aesthetix use in the DAC. I run a bad A nos 1960 Tung Sol usa 6550 in the Ref5se…. transformative 

Jim
well…..first what a wonderful position to be in..those are two awesome and fantastic preamps to choose from. I am certainly no stranger to either including your downstream components - i run the 7 mk2 and RV’s 7 high pass amplifiers. The pairing of M5 and Kento is super nice. I also have an ARC ref5se and Jim Whites ( of Aesthetix fame ) Signature DAC… so I get an appreciate tge Aesthetix sonics and construction. Up to me, i would go ARC but we are splitting micro hairs here for sure…

i just helped a friend w M5, Quattro and he chose the Aesthetix pre ( used and upgraded to signature but not eclipse )

consider joining us on vandy site owners forum.

PM me if i can be of any insight or help

Jim