DCS Sending Legal Notice To Reviewer (Golden Sound) Over an Old Review of Their Bartok DAC

I saw this You Tube video which was posted by Headphones.com which at the beginning talked about the site taking the side of Golden Sound (GS) & then GS himself going through the details of what happened (his side of the story).

https://youtu.be/R7NxRFT6FiI

While I am not taking any sides until DCS comes out with their story publicly. While we all are aware that many times companies force reviewers to remove the criticism of their products by employing different ways. But what should be the way forward about the reviews for reviewers and companies?

Can we as the end consumers and as a community come-up with the framework around reviews?

Regards,

Audio_phool

128x128audio_phool

First amendment ONLY applies to the government trying to limit free speech.

Listen to the lawyer who spoke earlier.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the First Amendment right to free speech.

I like the 5 star rating system from people that own products. Everyone can throw in their 2 cents comment. Professional reviews, not needed. Reviews are opinions no matter from a reviewer, or owner. That would work for me if I was looking for a rig.

I felt that Goldensound presents his case very clearly and substantiated with evidence. BUT - I think there is one considerable discrepancy between the accounts of each party.  Goldensound asserts that he was not alerted to the specifics of what DCS asserted were incorrect statements in Goldensound’s 2021 Bartok review, until 7 months later when the lawyer sent the note.

Meanwhile, the DCS response seems to assert that they did take every opportunity to alert Goldensound to the specifics of what DCS felt were false statements in Goldensound’s Bartok review.

I’m not sure - am I interpreting this right?  If so both parties can’t be right on this perspective and I think the truth on this particular matter would change how the community views the claims of each party.  

My highly limited legal knowledge would indicate that for DCS to seek a “remedy” in court, they would have to prove that financial and reputation damages were incurred directly as a result of the alleged false statements.  If I am right on this (not sure I am), it would be very difficult to prove this.

The irony is that as a result of the Goldensound video summarizing the ordeal, many have now stated that they will not purchase DCS products as a result.  This makes the bar for Goldensound to tell the truth in his video all the more critical. And, not just the truth, but stating facts that he can back up with evidence.  Because if he didn’t tell the truth, or if he can’t prove his assertions, then this would be slander and there are already people indicating that they will not purchase DCS products as a direct result of the video!  As such I’d expect Goldensound was likely VERY careful to make only factual, well substantiated claims in the video.

It would be a nice ending if both parties could find a way to accept responsibility for missteps and reconcile this amicably.  This would be in both parties best interest as it would help to restore confidence in the eyes of the community, now that Goldensound has taken his case to be tried in the court of public opinion.  

Jerry

One has nothing to do with the other. So your mention of the power of the vote just put you on the same no fly list as DCS. Who cares what you think?