DCS Sending Legal Notice To Reviewer (Golden Sound) Over an Old Review of Their Bartok DAC

I saw this You Tube video which was posted by Headphones.com which at the beginning talked about the site taking the side of Golden Sound (GS) & then GS himself going through the details of what happened (his side of the story).

https://youtu.be/R7NxRFT6FiI

While I am not taking any sides until DCS comes out with their story publicly. While we all are aware that many times companies force reviewers to remove the criticism of their products by employing different ways. But what should be the way forward about the reviews for reviewers and companies?

Can we as the end consumers and as a community come-up with the framework around reviews?

Regards,

Audio_phool

128x128audio_phool

I don’t get it to a large degree. Any device merely exists as a thing for anyone to check out and offer thoughts on it. Reviews are mostly subjective based on opinion or in a very few cases based on electrical or acoustic measurements. [Erin’s Audio does both.]

But a review is mostly just "opinion". So how can they be sued?

If I get say a Ford Mustang and I think it is a dog compared to a Dodge Charger, that is my opinion, take it or leave it. Ford can’t sue me for saying what I think, right?

From above @mahler123: "4) imo the correct policy for dCS to pursue would have been to issue a statement correcting what they perceived as factual errors in the review and left it at that."

Indeed.

Well I dont think that a manufacturer can object if they send a product to a reviewer for review. Now, as is the case with some/many ASR reviews, a product is sent to the reviewer from a member that may be a different situation. 

Well I certainly dont, but others do. I visited this site the other day and was flabbergasted.