DarTZeel NHB-108 Model B with SCNP upgrade

I can't find much info on the DarTZeel 108B with SCNP upgrade. Does it require the DarTZeel pre-amp for the SCNP upgrade improvements as one blog has suggested? When did the version B become available and do the newer version B amps have the SCNP circuitry? Also other than the DC compensation circuit change, were there any other changes? The cost on a used DarTZeel amp is usually less w/o the SCNP network upgrade but I want to confirm that I can keep my Cary SLP-O5 tube amp and benefit from the SCNP circuit. Thanks for any input.

Greg

gregtheis

Showing 3 responses by gregtheis

Thanks again Mike. I'm looking forward to the next level on my long obsession for musical Utopia!

Wow! Thank you for all the great clarification Mike. I have the Evolution Acoustic MM3's and normally I wouldn't buy a component like this without hearing it but this sounds like a perfect upgrade from my PS Audio BHK 250. Thanks again for all your help. Makes my decision a no brainer. Interesting how little is published on these upgrades. The blogs I found were helpful but not comprehensive.

Greg