DACs with a budget of $800

Hey All, 

I am considering getting a stand alone DAC for my digital streaming. My system as it stands now sounds a little forward to me. Soundstage depth is lacking. Separation, width and height appear appropriate, as does image density. I am currently running a Bluesound node 2 streamer in my main system. The rest of my system is as follows:

Sources: 
TV, JA Michele Gyrodec, Bluesound Node 2

Amp(s)
Red Dragon Audio M1000 Mk I monoblocks and sometimes I switch in my Anthem MCA 20

Preamp
Blue Circle 21.1

Tranducers
Spacial Audio M3 turbo s
GMA Continuum I's
Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
Maggie MMG's
Paradigm Monitor Sub 12 (stereo pair)

as I said I am really looking for some depth and "air" in my sound stage but also highly value impact, extended sparkle on the top end, and punch.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

128x128birdfan
A little over your budget at $1099. The RME ADI 2-DAC. Made in Germany. The company has been around for 20 years building various components for professional studios. It's also a high end Headphone & IEM unit. Features include a 5 band parametric EQ, fast Bass/Treble adjustment. Crossed and a new concept in Loudness control. Lot's of extras as it comes w/a 65 page book and a hand remote. Just bought mine and it gives a huge soundstage w/ ruler flat bass control. 
If I were trying to get to the bottom of why my system sounded too ’forward’, I would probably look at the spec sheets of my components and speakers and see if any had a bit of a bump around 5Kh.

Since depth is dependent on the timing cues reaching your ear, if the room is not acoustically treated properly, the early reflections from hard surfaces, I imagine, could confuse the ears.

How well is your room acoustically treated?

With any high end eqipment, or even entry level audiophile components and speakers, the stereo imaging shouldn’t be a problem, assuming it is a good recording.