dac recommendations for turntable listener?

hi everyone, kindly asking for your dac suggestions. im almost 100% a turntable listener, but recently picked up a DirectStream Dac for those times I cant find the vinyl, its too expensive, or it simply doesn't exist. im looking for suggestions as im not happy with the DirectStream dac, its just not to my liking. its too sharp up top, too thin in the lower midrange, other than that everything else is pretty great. id like to get, if possible, a dac that sounds more like my turntable. I feel like I would get mostly there if the midrange was fuller, and the top end was softer. 

my current system is marantz tt15 , dynavector 20x2, icon audio ps3 mk ii, primaluna prologue premium, and elysian 4 speakers. 

the current dacs I was looking to switch to were lab 12 dac, primaluna evo 100 dac, lampizators entry model, or Merason DAC 1. does anyone have experience with these and can recommend them? 

thanks a lot! 

Anthony 

128x128palutena

Agree with @soix......

There are tons of streamers out there in very reasonable price range that will be better than the laptop.  As for DACS, the lots of Lampizator owners are usually looking to move up the scale to more expensive models.  Look for used Baltic or Atlantic if you're looking for more on the analog side of things.  And then you can do some tube rolling to tweak the sound to your liking even further.

@audphile1 speaker cables are diy canare 4s11, and im thinking of purchasing a pair of occ cables I think the brand is 1877phono zavfino. the speakers are elysian 4, horns are retired and just used in bedroom for tv/movies. 

I let you know once the occ neotech cables arrive, then I will try to get a good coax/usb cable. 

thanks again for all the suggestions. still blows my mind that the entry level streamer made such a huge difference 

Well it’s all you. You kept at it and didn’t give up. 

And yes, streamers make a difference. 

The Canare 4s11 speaker cables aren’t terrible. I own a pair. They’re not resolution champs but they also don’t sound harsh. 

Work on room acoustics next. Treating first reflection point (side walls) usually does wonders to tame harshness. Bass traps behind speakers help as well - the bass is more focused and controlled which will help balance out the mids and highs and with better bass the sound will be fuller and not as brittle. 

Once you’re done with room acoustics I strongly recommend Acoustic Zen Satori over Zavfino. I owned pretty much all AZ cables and I can tell you they sound natural, don’t have the sibilance in vocals and have excellent details and warmth. On a used market they’re a bargain. 
Zavfino is just OK. I tried their interconnects and they were mediocre at best. A friend of mine had their speaker cables and didn’t like them. 
Don’t get too hung up on OCC. it isn’t a guarantee of perfect sound. Keep the neotech when it arrives but focus on good room then speaker cables.

The Sonnet Morpheus is a great R2R analog sounding DAC with very nice built in preamp.