DAC at us$1000

Looking for DAC AT us$1000 to work with my Sony DVD player. Thank you for your advice.
ken67e7

Showing 5 responses by dekay

TheMusicShop: Things could be worse though. Think of if all gear had names like those in the Ikea catalog.
Bel Canto Dac 1, plus a replacement power cord (the stock one sucks and is the root of the "lack of dynamics" complaints), I use a Harmonic Tech Pro 11 ($125.00 used) and a good digital cable. The cable is the Mapleshade Double Helix digital IC ($120.00) on the RCA input from a CAL Icon II. One of the most "musically" satisfying combinations that I have heard to date. This includes Theta Miles, Resolution Audio 55 and MSB Link DAC III combos with the optional power supply. I have not listened to the Full Nelson mod on the Link DAC nor have I auditioned the DAC by Muse, but have heard that these units are special.
Thanks for the cord "plug" Tubegroover. I have a couple others that I would like to audition as well which means The Cable Company. I would also like to try the Mapleshade PC, if I can come up with a nonconductive protective conduit to shield it with. I am leary of the thin sheathing on the PC for safety reasons. I will just purchase one for the DAC and put the HT cord back on the player/transport for now. Another thing that I read in a review is that the Bel Canto is not susceptible to vibration (just place it on a sheet of MDF). Well, not so in my set up. I don't have any cones (still on order) but placed it on Vibrapods/thin 3/4" piece of maple/DAC on stock feet and the detail increased with this sandwich Vs a MDF base. Go figure.