D-SONIC SOA Class-D Core Amps. The best Class-D ?

Owner/Designer Dean Deacon of D-Sonic in Houston in recent months dropped using the B&O ICE amps which he now only uses in the surround channels of his multi-channel home theater amps. He now uses a new Class-D amp in all of his Magnum2 mono and two channel amps which he states is the most technically advanced Class-D amp on the market, called the SOA Class-D core amps. The recent review in 6Moons of his new M2-1500M amp concludes its the closest that Class-D has ever come to tube amps in the upper mid-range and high frequencies.
Anyone bought or heard recently the D-Sonic M2-1500M or the M2-600M? What are your opinions?
audiozen
In general, as class D amplifiers are 85% to 96% efficient, they run cool to moderately warm to the touch. There are few exceptions, like the Rowland Continuum 500 -- since withdrawn, which are toasty to the touch.
Kbuzz:

"My Bryson 9b runs a little to warm for my current set up, seriously thinking about a channel d sonic. Do they run warm I need cabinet placement"

Hi Kbuzz,

My D-Sonic M3-600M amps, even after hours of high volume usage, never get above luke-warm to the touch. I think these, or most any class d amps, are ideal for cabinet placement. Low heat is one of the main advantages of class d amps.

Will they sound as good as your Bryston? I've never used your specific amp, so I cannot say; but I can say these amps are superior, in every meaningful performance category, to my previously owned class A/B Aragon 4004 amp that I considered decent, even though it weighed 85 lbs. and could get hot to the touch. The D-Sonic weigh 15 lbs. each and never get hot. To be fair, however, my D-Sonics are in well ventilated positions atop amp stands on an open/top rack shelf. I use another class d amp, a ClassD Audio 440CS amp in bridged mono mode, in a totally enclosed rack position for a cc and it never gets more than luke-warm, either.

There are several class d stereo and mono amps, at good prices, that would be good fits for your needs.
Tim
I recently received 3 D-sonic M3-600M-A's, 1 M3-2000-5 and 1 M3-2800-7. Since my theater is under construction, I temporarily set up 2 of my Danley SM60F's on bar stools in the living room and all I can really say is WOW!
I recently received 3 D-sonic M3-600M-A's, 1 M3-2000-5 and 1 M3-2800-7. Since my theater is under construction, I temporarily set up 2 of my Danley SM60F's on bar stools in the living room and all I can really say is WOW!