Cut lower frequency to help my bookshelf speakers

Dear All,

I try to open a new topic… which i did not find in the previous discussion so maybe is new to the most

I have a 2 channels system which i want to improve with a minidsp or eq

the question in short is the following:

i love my dynaudio special 25 speakers but often i feel the need to have a better punch on the bass frequency

so i tried to add a couple of svs 1000 pro subs… with excellent results

point is that when i turn up the volume too much i feel the dynaudio midwoofer cone rattle when hit the lower frequency (actually the coil reaches the end of the air gap into the magnet)

so im thinking to add a dsp or eq to cut the lower frequencies before they reach the dynaudio

i have a pre audio research LS2 + amp mark levinson 23.5….. the idea is to add the dsp or eq in the middle and have the following configuration:

1. connect the minidsp or eq. to the first rca out of the audio research (fortunately i have 2 rca and 2 din outputs) and then to the mark levinson …. in this way i could to cut all the bass frequency under 50 or 60 hz and have the levinson handle  the dynaudio 

1. connect the 2 subs to the second rca out of the audio research and use the svs internal dsp with iphone app to calibrate them

Hope is clear… What do you think?

Better a miniDSP 2X4 or a Schiit loki mino+

Or anything else?

tks alot for any help or useful hint, best

Andrea

aurgolo
The simplest is to use a passive XO to roll the lows out of the mains
see  ieLogical SubterraneanHomesickBlues for the trials and tribulations of integrating subs with small mains. 
see http://www.ielogical.com/assets/Audio/PassiveXO1.png for passive XO example. 80 [≈4nF] to 90Hz [≈3.5nF] should be about right. 

CA 25's won't ever play as loud as Moabs, but should give a relatively tolerable 90db in a small room. If 5x8 is meters, they may be a bit small unless very close.

Check the woofers for damage by pressing gently either side of the dust cap. If there is any scratching, the woofers are toast.