Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

Showing 10 responses by sakso136

Hi fellas,

I woukd like to reintroduce myself into this very interesting thread( i posted here before,but forgot about the thread).

I ve been thru this thread fully,and there are very interesting findings for me like ,upgrading spikes and isolation platforms.

I have the nenuphars since almost a year ,and i can say they are fully break in .

I ve tested and heard meticulously the nenuphars with different amplifiers and i will share my thoughts here.

My thoughts and findings are the results of listening in my system and my couple friends systems owning the nenuphars.

( one more friend is going to order soon nenuphar).

These 3 friend ; ( one of them is in this thread ,and added the cube audio subs recently),all of them bought the nenuphars after hearing them in my system.

So let me go straight to the point about my findings: these speakers are the most transparent speakers ive heard so far,ive heard quite many.

Thru nenuphar i heard the most natural vocal and timbres as well.

Very dynamic speakers and  they can deliver real freaking bass but but.. with the right amp....more at the end.

Details often jumps at you more than you jump on them.

Imaging,soundstage,all there ..pinpoint.

If there is a negative aspect,and to be picky,i woukd say bass.but let me be clear,i m talking about bass quantity and not quality.

Bass is really precise,clear,feels real ,airy but i feel i lack some oumph,or some chest pressure sometimes......( more below for this negative point wich appeared to be not the nenuphar fault)

I like and share the same what david -ten i think said,you stop caring about speakers and you  start working on your upfront,and every small change you do, either cable,fuse,server is easily distinguishable.

I heard them be driven by,mbl c51;gryphon 300,lm845 premium( upraded with elrog845 ,elrog 300b) silver ombilical cable upgrade ,aries cerat genus 845 ( elrog 845).( currently since yesterday elekit 300b with stock tubes of my friend lm845 premium).

During the last year or so,i  stopped caring about speakers and focused on server/streamer choice and this gave me the opportunity to listen to my friends nenuphar driven by amps above,    the mbl c51 being mine.

To summarize,the lm845 premium is wonderful driving them but the magic came out of the AC genus 845: set design ,25 watt class A.

All the other amps drove well the nenuphars and are really listenable choices, but the 2 on top are la creme de la creme,with the genus being mr i do it all with finesse and a smile.

The nenuphar are masters in a disappearing act,with genus driving them it s like you are really in front artists playing for you,instruments standing in front of you,crazy depth,crazy sounstage,and bass........amazing.

Yes the nenuphar lack some oumph when placed into the room,but give you very good bass response when placed close to front wall,but i thought loosing depth on the latter,and sticked with them placed into the room.

Before hearing the genus i was thinking augmenting my system with 2 rel subs,but not anymore now after hearing genus.

I ordered the genus845,wich will land beginning may.

My current system:

Modem ( ifi 12v ps)—generic copper eth -ubiquiti wifi less router(ifi 12v ps)-copper eth-optimodule( sgp ps)-optical cable—————etherregen switch (keces p8 lps)- vodka AQ————server-(2* keces p8 lps)=======sablon usb—— AC kassandra ref2 dac——- silteck classic 110 mk2 rca ic—mbl c51— audience 24 se sc———nenuphars.

I ll share more thought when i receive my genus.

Thks

Hi charles1 dad,
Correct aries cerat is using 813 tube,but recently made a new 845 version using the elrog 845.
The  813 model gonna be discontinued in the future.
The power passes from 25 to 22 watt i think,but sonic improvements are there according to stavros the conceptor.
Indeed.
The 2 friends i was referring to,are a close friends,and i m familiar with their systems,tastes( specially the lm 845 one).
All our audiophile group where thrilled when hearing the combo nenuphar+genus.
Honestly,no idea how much is the damping factor and negative feedback on the genus,but,when in action,you feel that those 22 watt act like 300 w.
The transients,the dynamics,the bass,seperation, i can go on,... all there with ease.
Those 22 w are specials,and many people said,it has no problem driving even mid efficiency speakers.
Another friend,owning sb amati,ordered genus at the same time as me,afterhearing it,let see how it goes....
The lm845 friend went and bought elrog845 and elrog300b,replacing his psvane acme 845 and 300b,and he concluded that elrog is the winner.
Sami
Hi david_ten,
i will for sure update here my findings.
i m playing with an upgraded elekit 300b integrated now.( gold lion tubes).
sounds much better than my own c51 mbl.
9,5 watt give more and better bass than 300 w!Regards
Hi david ten,
i hope youre safe and ok like everyone here.
i would like to go ahead with brass spikes and woukd like to confirm diameter of spikes wich i couldn t find anywhere.
is it m6*1?Thks

• Hi fellas,
i cant interpret these specs to know how this integrated will be a good match to nenuphars.
knowing that low damping factor is prefered for the nenuphars....
any help decoding these specs and opinion on compatibilty with the cubes.

HD & N< 0.15 % @ 5W output, < 1 % @ 40W output < 5 % @ 52W outputInput Impedance>15 kohmsOutput Impedance<0.8 ohms (damping factor >10 reference to 8ohms load @ zero global feedback)
Thks
Thks guys. 
I was sure these specs will fit well the cubes.
to be continued.......,,
Hi guys; i own nenuphar since 5 months and they are superb.
system comsists of kassandra ref2 dac+ Server ( coming soon)+ n10 aurender ( a friend loan)+mbl c51 integ.
i have few questions: do these drivers needs much time for burn in?
I changed 2 drivers due to a small issue on one of the drivers( gregorz sent them to me free );and i am burning them with min volume since a week and a half now and they don t seem to open up yet !
One more question; the mbl is here only temporarily,and my final integ will be the aries cerat genus set integrated, but since i can t afford it now, and since i have a top pass lab preamp clone here , i was thinking to start with either x25 or sit 3, may be audio mirror set monos also.
what are your thoughts?
thks

Hi guys ,

I be been on this thead on and off.I m an old owner of nenuphars( 3 yrs back)

Long story but i moved to another house, another system, another project.

i had a second pair of cube nenuphars drivers v1 wich i upraded from single driver builder in singapore ( he has his own brand), this was before cube audio make the v2.

the pair i have is v1 upgraded with different japanese paper craft .

i spend for this upgrade 1500€( incl shipping).

the specs are still the same as the v1.

i tried them on my friend nenuphars cabinets, and to my ears they sounded better than his v2 .

i was planning to make different design with these drivers, like back horn loaded, or open baffle design , but long time passed, and i m not a diy myself.

i m no longer interested to go ahead with this project and i m willing to sell these drivers to someone handy , willing to explore them, or even try on his nenuphars. 
they looks gorgeous.

if interested let me know, i will share pics, videos playing against v2 and price.

thks