Crutchfield's Speaker Compare

Hey everyone, for those in the market for new speakers, Crutchfield now has something called "Speaker compare", in which you can select up to 4 speakers and make sound comparisons online using your computer and a pair of headphones. Although not all the speakers models are available for audition at the moment, a lot are, and I think it’s a great alternative for those (like me) who cannot audition speakers in person. You can compare several songs at the same volume or at the same wattage. I am not associated with Crutchfield at all. I think it’s a great tool and a good start!
Cheers y’all!
128x128luciano33

Showing 1 response by p05129

IMO, this would be useless for any audio store to do this for a number of reasons:
1) YouTube sound is terrible at best
2) what are they going to use for front end equipment? You can’t use the same amp for each speaker because speakers sound characteristics and sensitive will dictate which amp to use. For example, you wouldn’t team up a pair of Klipsch speakers with an analytical sounding amp, nor would you team up a 84db rated speaker with a cheap low power amp.
3) Since crutchfield only deals with cheaper equipment, you could afford to take a gamble on buying a pair of speakers after doing some reading on google and if you don’t like them, either send them back or resell them. But for a more expensive speaker system, I would go listen to them somehow 1st before bringing them home and listening to them with your equipment in your room