Cronus Magnum II & Dual Subwoofers

Hi all - looking for some help. I’m setting up my Cronus Magnum ii and trying to dual-subwoofer it (SVS SB-1000s). Honestly, I’m a bit lost.

1. On the Cronus, should I use the VAR or FIXED out for the subwoofer signal?
  2. On the Cronus, there 2 ports each (red/white) for the Fixed/VAR outputs. Should I connect RCA cables to whichever you suggest and then send to Left & Right subs and into their respective LFE inputs?
  3. I also have 2x hard RCA splitters. Should I use that to split the signal out from the VAR or FIXED (whichever you recommend) and then I could then take the split signal and attach to each SVS’s Input and LFE (corresponding to the white / red on the back of the amp and the subwoofers inputs)?

Thanks! I’m happy to message pictures if that helps.

jdtalv

You use the variable output from Rogue. You will need 2 Y-adapters. The left cable out from the Rogue will go into the input on the left SVS and vis versa for the right sub. A Y-adapter will be needed for both subs! You don't want to use the fixed output!

This is why! You would have to adjust the volume on the SVS instead of  the Rogue. You would not want that. Would you?

Fixed, invariable and unaffected by the volume control. It is most often used to feed a recorder of some sort. The variable output is the one controlled by the volume control and used to feed the power amp (s) for listening.