Cream at Madison Square Garden

Did anybody happen to see this show? I see the Royal Albert Hall shows will be released on a DVD by Rhino Records.\ This is the Amazon link; a CD will also be available.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009WFFS6/104-8436400-7285534?v=glance&n=130

Will be interesting to see what kind of role Clapton assumes since he was, basically, a guitar player (and always has been in my book; ie, lousy song writer and mediocre vocalist). A great guitar player but a guitar player nonetheless.
c123666

Showing 5 responses by judy426

McCartney can still sing but his range is much smaller. Dylan's voice has degraded appreciably. Jagger, well forget him. He never had any range to begin with. Clapton, unlike Bruce, had a lot less range to lose. Parts tend to wear over 37 years.
Blblues68 unfortunately all bodies do not wear at the same rate. Some people have great knees when they are 50; I am not so lucky. At Cream's peak Bruce was unquestionably the better vocalist. However, today as my knees have deteriorated more than yours, Clapton clearly sounds better.
Bruce is a vocalist where Clapton is more of a stylist. Let's not forget it was Bruce's voice on Deserted Cites, White Room, Politician, Born Under, Spoonful, Tales of Brave, etc. Clapton's voice complemented Bruce's but Bruce had more range and projection IMO.
I'm not sure placing the blame on the band is appropriate here. They probably have little, if any, to do with the ticket pick up requirements.