Consonance Cyber 800/845 Valve amps; how good?

In my quest for a new valve power amp l came accross these;

http://www.operaudio.com/Html/Opera-Products-CYBERSERIES.htm

Not much info around on these but their cheaper models are well respected. Look like amazing value for money, wonder if they have the sound to match?

Any owners or listeners on the Gon?

Cheers Mondie
mondie
I had the Cyber 211 amp. cool looking but not really able to make the best of a great tube the 211. The trannies were teenie and the rest of the parts so-so. Not a good sounding amp.
Thanks for your reply.

l spoke with the local distributor today and he much preffered the 800 over the 211. Thought it was a much nicer amp.

Cheers
i've just tested the 800s and 845s in my home and was quite stunned at their quality. these amps whilst still not cheap are not at all expensive in hifi terms here in australia.
the aust. importer does not hold stock of the 211 so i can't comment but am certainly interested based on the sound of the other two models.
the 800s are very gutsy and smooth and were in complete control of my 86db efficiency speakers.
the 845s were simply breathtaking in their ability to generate a truly 3 dimensional palpable and quite luscious soundstage. there is a great sense of real instruments being stuck, plucked etc etc. they stay together very well even in complex passages with everything easily intelligible and correct.
for me the push pull 800s rule themselves out due to the relatively small premium for the 845s which seem to be the best compromise of all the triodes unless you need an awful lot of power or are going all out in which case the 300b is the logical choice with all that entails.
the stock power tubes are the basic chinese units and are still very good so the amps should respond very well to better tubes.
i'm obviously buying the 845s. by the way they work brilliantly with passive pre-amps.
Peter I'm confused about your comment "if you need an aweful lot of power...300B logical choice". As I heard a 300B (not sure if it was Cayin's pushpull or single ended version) anyway hooked up to Silverlines and for light stuff they were excellent. But when it came to complex orch, they fell extremely flat.
So how are the 845's when high dynamics are demaded in complex orchestral?
I think it is unfair to characterize a particular output tube with a single musical genre based on a novice listener's experience with one amplifier and one set of speakers. All of course IMO.