Considering the Pro-ject Box CD RS2 Transport ? You might want to read this, first.

I recently bought one of these and soon returned it.

In terms of SQ, it clearly outperformed my Simaudio 260DT so I've no complaints in that regard. 

However, I could not get used to its toy-like dimensions.

It would not stay stationary, due to its light weight, so I had to hold it in place with one hand while operating its tiny buttons and loading/unloading discs with the other. 

Needless to say, this issue was only exacerbated once I placed it atop my preferred footers.

While audiophile geishas may find it ideally-sized, I found it highly impractical.

Given that our only current choices for this new drive are the Pro-ject and the 28K Gryphon, it would seem there's an empty niche in the market for a reasonably affordable alternative, housed in a full-sized case. 

To be fair, Steve Guttenberg did grumble a little about ergonomics but on the whole, reviewers' attention has been fixed squarely upon the Pro-ject's undeniable virtues.  

I'm not suggesting everyone will experience what I've experienced nor am I attempting to dissuade anyone from buying this unit- my aim here is simply to shine a light on what's been, so far at least, largely absent from discussions I've encountered. 

stuartk

Thank you for the review. My old Sony is starting to get flaky and I was looking at the Pro-Ject as a possible replacement. Now to find a replacement.

All the best.

JD

Terry London at Stereo Times found it can be improved with a better power supply. His suggestions seem reasonable.

Sounds like a winner that just needs a bit of extra stability for improved usability since it already has its own internal isolation.

ISOAccoutics Orea could be solution if the suction is adequate.

I bought the Rs2 T a week ago. There is another issue not mentioned here: the shuffle function does not work as it should. Instead of reading all the tracks just once in random mode, it continues playing them for hours, days, weeks. It just never stops!  I contacted the seller about this issue but no answer until now. The design of the lid and the hinges makes me think of kitchen gear.I had a LEAK CDT for a while, and it had just the same problem with shuffle play. 

Are you saying it shuffles all the tracks and once all tracks have been played it keeps on shuffling them as if repeat had also been selected?

Perhaps not conventional, but I could live with that.