Considering selling my restored Garrard 301

AG used to be my go to source until the dealers took over but I am hoping for some  thoughts. I restored a nice 1958-9 Creme Garrard 301 oil. Fitted it with an SAEC 308L  w/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Built a plinth using 2 layers of butcher block. 

While I love the deck, I am considering a more modern alternative. My question is...

Would there be people interested in buying it at a price that would enable me to purchase a comparable alternative or a trade.

Maybe I'm crazy, and perhaps it's the "bug", but I am open to queries. 

I also own a Micro Seiko BL-51 with an Acos Lustre GST 1 arm and Denon 103r

Hope people engage 

128x128famoej

Showing 3 responses by larryi

Your table/tonearm combination is pretty nice.  Assuming that you properly restored the table, it would be hard to beat with any modern alternative at the price you can expect to get for it.  There are a lot of listeners who prefer the 301, or 401, or Thorens TD 124 over almost anything else.  A local dealer in my area reconditions these tables and recommends then for use in systems well north of six figures.  Good tonearms are getting hard to find and your SAEC are is also hard to replace with anything near its going used price.

What do you want from a modern table that you don’t think you are getting from your 301?  That answer might help someone in suggesting alternatives.

Do these things have a 60 hz option for US. power or do they convert 60 hz AC to 50 hz AC?

It is not clear how the motor controller works and whether it is compatible with 60 hz AC.  If all that it does is clean up the power, whether it is 60 hz or 50 hz, it may not matter what kind of power is fed into the unit.  If it regenerates the AC power, it might matter what is fed to the unit.  But, in any case, a properly designed power feed that cleans up the wave form, or somehow reduces cogging (an bigger issue with AC motors than DC motors would be welcome).