Conrad Johnson CA200 opinions welcome

I'd love to welcome everybody who either owns or owned this integrated amp to chime in. There are several reviews available online, but very few impressions from actual owners. It's been implied that it has a lot of tube characteristics (warmer sound, great soundstaging), with the addition of a strong, tight bass - any truth to it? I'd love to hear some comparisons, since I know most of us go through a lot of different gears over the time. Thank you
branislav

Showing 1 response by zszwedo

I had one for a week and it is a fine sounding amplifier.It has a deep sound-stage,that is very enjoyable.The overall sound is very comfortable, no fatigue.It has a texture and I think it focuses more on the lower mid-range, so strings,choral music sounds rich and with good presence.I was trying it with Dali Helikon 300 and Paradigm studio 100 V2.The very highs are slightly rolled off so it matches well with very open sounding speakers.The volume control is a little tricky, even set at 00 there is still sound coming out of the speakers and that could be a problem if you listen at night and have an efficient speakers and don't want to disturb anyone.It would be the best if you could try one with your speakers.