Concident Frankenstein 300B Stereo

I always wanted to have a 300B SET amp in my system since I borrowed a very expensive one from a friend. I run fairly efficient speakers (Gemme Audio Tanto V2 92db and Klipsch Heresy IV 99db).  But I also didn't want to buy a cheap 300B and have a watered down experience. The issue was now all about price. When I saw that Coincident Speaker Technology just introduced a stereo version of their well reviewed Frankenstein 300B mono's for $2,500 (300B tubes not included) I was very interested - but skeptical given the price which was about a third of the price of the 300B's that I was looking at. I knew that the owner, Israel Blume was well regarded for his amp designs and assumed (hoped) that he wouldn't want to hurt that reputation. I spoke with him a couple of times and then purchased. I am so happy with this amp and believe it's one of the best audio deals in the market. The hard part was getting the actual 300B tubes. I bit the bullet and bought a pair of Western Electric 300B reissues. I really didn't have any other good options because of supply chain issues with the other well regarded brands. No issues at all driving my 92db speakers at only ~40% of my preamp's gain. The whole mid frequency (vocals) was terrific as I had hoped and remembered from my friend's amp.  What did surprise me was the low end frequency -- it's very low and produces all of the textures that you'd expect to hear with those instruments - no muddiness.  I actually disconnected my JL Audio F112 because I didn't need it.   My thanks to Coincident for this amazing (and affordable) 300B.

lofgren

Another recent post in regard to this amp,thought it typo when I saw price! Coincident products are good value and high performing, direct sales model works in our favor. Seems Israel has another winner with this amp, good for you!

Seems quite well designed and built. Visual Appeal gets my friend's interest! Israel needs an EDITOR, everything described is repeated at least 3 times.