Concert attendance

I realize for many people the concert season is just getting started, but this season seems a little different. The economy seems tighter and people are a little concerned about financial circumstances.
I have been to only one concert this year, but I do have tickets for a concert in August. I hope to go to more shows this year, but I don't have any plans right now.
Are you going to be attending as many concerts this year as you have in the past?
128x128nrchy
Marakanetz...

My wife and I are going to see Peter Gabriel in a new (and quite small venue) in our area this summer. I was stunned at this choice of venue. Usually an act like his would fill a large arena. Perhaps he's scaling down... Anyway, tickets were quite reasonable for excellent seats...can't recall the cost (can't find the tickets, either....hope my wife has them!). This is a Canadian date. How much were the tickets in your area? (If you don't mind me asking...)
Wdhsvbgod: I saw Peter on what was the very first show of this tour at the tale end of last year. My girlfriend is a big fan of his and we ended up with front row seats. The show was very good. According to a local radio station that polled their audience, the show that we were at was voted best concert of 2002 !!! While i don't know if i would go that far, it was a very good show and far more entertaining than i thought it would be. Have a good time !!! Sean
>
I saw the " Funk Brothers " at the Wiltern ( Los Angeles ) so glad I did. I bought the cheap tickets but at intermission moved up to the stage GREAT GREAT concert. Have tickets for Neil Young/Lucindia Williams & Bob Dylan this summer. If i had the cash & time I would fly to Boston to see Van Morrison/Salomon Burke
I just scored a single ticket for Steely Dan at Universal Amphitheater in the 6th row center. I shelled out some bucks for it, but this has the potential as the best show I have ever seen.

Z
my wife and i are attending the concerts at he2003 this weekend. in three weeks, we are going to jacksonville, oregon for 2 nights of concerts: first is the robert cray band and guest, the next night is yellow jackets and acoustic alchemy. we already saw trans siberian orchestra last christmas (best concert for clean sound and dynamite music). in portland during the summer, we have concerts (festivals) going on each weekend. some of the past performers have been robert cray, curtis selgado, loverboy, average white band, tower of power, john scofield, etc... also, each wednesday, my company (along with other companies) put on a concert in the park each wednesday at noon (blues, jazz, dance, acoustic, etc...) some of the best bands in the portland area. we also have tickets to see the dave matthews band in august. steely dan is coming soon, and more. if you are near the town of jacksonville, oregon in the summer, look up this url ( http://www.brittfest.org/schedule.aspx ) to see all the britt festival concerts going on in the area.
nothing beats going to live concerts!!!