Comparison of Thiel CS2.4 vs. Vandersteen 3A Sig.

Interested in hearing about any comparisons between these two speakers, Thiel CS 2.4 and Vandersteen 3A Signatures, integration into rooms, ability to drive speakers, sound quality, any new updates or options that should be considered, etc.
audibleguy
Greetings Bartok fan
You should hear the Vandy 3A sigs with tube amps like Quicksilver V4 Monos,Rogue 150 momos ARC, and I think you would
get it.
Cheers John
you can certainly use tube power, when I demeod them at Audio Connection in NJ they were all tube powered, the powered woofers surely help lighten the load.
I have 1.6s sw-1 sub, I had it downstairs, rec room, concrete floor with full rug, 18x22 great sound with minumal fuss. I than moved everthing upstairs to an area, country kitchen and small rec.16x28 hardwood floors, lots of windows and blinds etc. What a dissapointment, terms like harsh, fatigue disorentated sound, fitted right in. I stayed with it using placement, some sound absorbing, etc, and now have fairly great sound. Crazy business this high end. Jerry G
Bartok, I still am puzzled about no tubes with Vandy, the 3A and 5A were both tube powered at the store I checked them out in, and although it was the model down from the 3A (2C OR A???) they were tube powered for part of the Stereophile review in june 2006 issue..... yes it would take a great tube amp to get SPL's kicking but to say you cant use tube power is just plain wrong.