Comparing Phono Pre-Amps

Oh Boy, here I go...

Do you all feel there is a easier way to compare Phono Pre-Amps besides connecting/disconnecting each one?

I have thought about if there is a way to take the output from a TT and send it to 2 Phono Pre-Amps and from there, those 2 pre-amps could be connected to an Integrated and from there, you simply switch back and forth?

I have been looking but have not come across such a device.

From what I have researched, most comments have stated to simply have long listening sessions with both back and forth and I get that but wish there was a ability to switch immediately between two.

I know the thought is doing so would introduce all kinds of unnecessary variables that would ultimately degrade the sound and defeat the whole purpose.

But I guess from a technical standpoint, can it be done?

Thnx

128x128jay73

Showing 1 response by woofhaven1992

+2 @ghdprentice 

I basically no longer do A/B tests.  I prefer to listen for long enough to something that I have a good sense of its sound.  Then listen to the other thing.  If changes are not obvious with that type of listening, I am no longer convinced they are all that important.

Regarding the use of any type of switching device, I would not want to assume that it has no effect on the cartridge loading.  I think you want to go straight from tonearm to phono stage.