Comments on the Magnum Dynalab MD-100

Any comments or experience with the Magnum Dynalab MD-100 tuner? Notice any sound differences between using the balanced or RCA output? thanks..
hgeifman

Showing 1 response by jeffm

I just bought a MD-100. I can't comment on the use of balanced outs, because I'm running single-ended, but I can speak for the product overall.

First impressions of the box: excellent build quality, love the ergonomics of this unit. The flywheel tuning is easy and efficient, and the meters are very useful for spot-on tuning. I got one in silver, and it looks beautiful, especially when lit up at night.

As for the sound, it's exceptional. Although this is my first tuner, and I haven't compared it to others, I am mightly impressed by the sound quality of this unit. It's the best FM I have ever heard; crisp, clear, and a natural quality in the midrange that the Magnum tuners are famous for.

I highly recommend this tuner for anyone looking for a well built, excellent sounding tuner in the $1500 range. I can't justify spending any more for a tuner, and I think this be in my rack for many years to come. Hope this helps.

Jeff