Classical music for Rockers

I grew up in a non-musical household, so everything I heard was from the radio when my parents weren't listening. I quickly went from AM to FM, and from Pop to the AOR stations in Milwaukee at the time. I was raised (in a sense) on rock and roll radio.

It wasn't till much later that I was introduced to classical music. I have since been adding Bach, Mozart, Tscaikovski, and other to my regular playlist The last two things I bought were Mozart's Requium and Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. I hope I spelled those right.

What I am curious about is if there are others out there with the same experience, and if so: What Classical music are you listening to regularly?
128x128nrchy
Beethoven. The original punk rocker. I particularly recommend the Hammerklavier Sonata, op. 106 but really all the piano concertos, symphonies, everything.
Don't know why, but I think S. Barber makes for a good bridge between rock and classical.
Mahler, pure and simple. I'm an old rocker (music major) who also played percussion/timpani in symphony orchestras. Others to listen to would be Stravinsky, as mentioned above, Shastakovich, Prokofiev, Bartok, Bruckner, Wagner (orchestral excerpts at least if you don't get into the opera).

I guess it kinda depends on what kind of rock you liked also, as to whether Bach, Mozart, etc. would do much for you. I listen to these some, but beyond appreciation for their work given the period, sonically they don't do much for me personally. I tend to gravitate towards more modern (verging on atonal) harmonic structures.
My first suggestion would be "La Fille Mal Gardee" / Herold-Lanchbery

Second, "E'Spana" Argenta / London Symphony. Both of my copies are Decca LP's and both are dramatic, lively and can hold my interest regardless of what was played before them.

If you agree with my suggestions, then purchase an album that will allow you to hear the voice of an angel, who is living here on earth as a woman.

The 1995 release "Impatient Lover" / London CD, by mezzo-soprano Cecilia Bartoli will flood your emotions with love for her and crush any prejudices you may have about opera.
Try something a bit on the contemporary side:
Leo Brouwer; György Ligeti; Elliot Carter;
John Adams; Arvo Part; Henryk Górecki . . .
Not everyones' cup of tea but if you like abstraction,
these are great. Give them a listen on Amazon.