Classic Rock Listener - Help me build my system

It's a Saturday evening, Got my equiptment all warmed up,
put on a Yes, Led Zepplin, Moody Blues, Nektar, etc.( or almost any of my late 60s thru 70s ), kick back in my chair
and am disappointed time after time at the lack of enjoyment I'm getting from all this equiptment I've invested in. As a music LOVER, I admit I am not all that knowledgeable about the equiptment and what matches what.
I have a Krell KAV-300, Sunfire Classic tube Preamp, into a Mark Levinson 331 into Legacy Sig.III. Using Audioquest Crystal2/Forest biwire and Cardas Quadlink 5c connects.I need much advice as to what to change out of system and what to replace with other than my Sig IIIs. The sound mostly seems dark with a fatigueing hardness if you can believe that. I like to somewhat crank but the more I do the more those negatives increase. Any advice?
daveheine
I own The Signature III and have experienced hard dark sound which I was able to eliminate. Some of the possibities.

1/Acoustiz Zen speaker cables sounded very hard on my system. I have no idea why, Im sure others have tried them with success.

2/Over tightening the binding posts. Sometimes if you over tighten them the nuts inside the speaker posts become loose.
You can pretty much tell by if the outside posts move at all . If they do ,you have to open the back plate and tighten them from the inside. This is very easy to do.

3/Your interconnects and speaker cables cannot be touching any power cords ANYWHERE.

As Ive said I own Them, Ive heard it, and Ive eliminated it. Let us know ! Good Luck.
I think some Alpha-core Goertz interconnect and speaker wire will open it up for you. Easier than trading everything in.
Here you go Daveheine, an even less expensive way to get started rocking:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1086494885

I don't know the seller.

Cheers,
John
John, That address pulled up an expired listing. Did you find a turntable you liked by browsing through that section?
Dave