Classe' CP-500 Questions

Hello Folks,

I have not been around here lately(hung out in the Analog forum for a year or two) so I hope all is well with you.

I am probably going to buy a used CP-500 from a non Classe' dealer who took in as a trade-in. I have the following questions:

* The display button and Tape button on the remote do not produce a response from the unit. Anybody experience this? I did take the display setting off Never and it does go blank after 30 seconds as it should. I have my Tivoli clock radio working as a tuner plugged into the Tape input and the remote Tape button will not deselect it. Is there a reset button somewhere?
* In another thread folks said the funky background to the display (spots of different shapes/sizes) is normal. Anybody disagree?
* This unit is at least 5 years old. I am somewhat concerned about paying close to 2k US for something this old even though it looks new. Reliability an issue with these?
I am really enjoying the unit. It is neutral/clear with plenty of detail without being too analytical. I am sensitive to harshness.

BTW, I have it paired with a new Rotel 1582 that may have an upper mid peak and may have to go back. The Rotel does have enough hours on it now to be considered broken in.

Have a good whatever,
Robert
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrobob

Showing 1 response by yl28s2000

Hi,

I have had the same problem with my CP-700. I sent the remote to Classe for reprogramming the chip inside.

You should call the B&W/Classe service to obtain a RMA number.

YL